At Gulf Marine Repair we value our employees above all else and do not compromise on maintaining a safe and healthy workplace environment. Our employees actively participate and take responsibility for their safety and the safety of those around them. We continuously evaluate and improve our operations to recognize and mitigate risk factors. Employees are empowered to communicate and report any condition observed, as well as having the authority to stop work for an immediate or impending risk.
Training and education is of the highest importance for all Gulf Marine Repair and Hendry Marine Industries employees. Employees have a solid understanding of the techniques used to perform their jobs to the best of their ability. This includes hazard recognition and the ability to mitigate any hazardous or unsafe condition on the spot. With in-house certified trainers, we have the ability to customize training courses for any specialized project.
Security at our shipyard is paramount in maintaining a safe and productive environment. Security officers are on-site 24/7 and the entire facility is surrounded with fencing. All employees are required carry a Tampa Port Authority identification card that must be visibly displayed at all times. Subcontractors and visitors are required to show proper identification to enter the facility.
Gulf Marine Repair along with the entire Hendry Marine Industries family, are proponents of sustaining our environment by taking measures to establish pollution prevention methods, hazardous material handling, as well as erosion control and soil contamination mitigation at all our facilities and off-site locations.
We believe that it is imperative to protect our environment to be sustainable for future generations.
Gulf Marine Repair is a member and active with the following organizations for industry resources and training expertise:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- American Conference of Industrial Hygienist (ACGIH)
- Board Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Center for Construction Research & Training (CPWR)
- Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Commission for the Certification (NCCCO)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA)
- Tampa Port Authority (TPA)
- United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)