HSES at Gulf Marine Repair
Our Health Safety and Environmental Services team is committed to protecting the health and safety of every employee, vendor partner, independent contractor, and visitor within our secure facility and on any job site. Our shared commitment extends to team members across all levels of our organization.
Training & Education
Training and education is of the highest importance for all Gulf Marine Repair and Hendry Marine Industries employees. Employees have a solid understanding of the techniques used to perform their jobs to the best of their ability. This includes hazard recognition and the ability to mitigate any hazardous or unsafe condition on the spot. With in-house certified trainers, we have the ability to customize training courses for any specialized project.
Security at our shipyard is paramount in maintaining a safe and productive environment. Security officers are on-site 24/7 and the entire facility is surrounded with fencing. All employees are required to carry a Tampa Port Authority identification card that must be visibly displayed at all times. Subcontractors and visitors are required to show proper identification to enter the facility.
Gulf Marine Repair along with the entire Hendry Marine Industries family, are proponents of sustaining our environment by taking measures to establish pollution prevention methods, hazardous material handling, as well as erosion control and soil contamination mitigation at all our facilities and off-site locations.
We believe that it is imperative to protect our environment to be sustainable for future generations.
Gulf Marine Repair is active with the following organizations for industry resources and training expertise:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- American Conference of Industrial Hygienist (ACGIH)
- Board Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- The Propeller Club
- Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Commission for the Certification (NCCCO)
Additional organizations we active with:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA)
- Tampa Port Authority (TPA)
- United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
Looking For An Exciting Career? We’re Hiring!
At Gulf Marine Repair 70% of our workforce are skilled welders and ironworkers, comprised of pipe welders, pipefitters, ship welders, ship fitters, and fabricators; 30% of our workforce are skilled trades such as marine electricians, crane operators, and specialized machinists. Our welders are certified in shield metal arc welding, flux core arc welding, carbon steel pipe welding 6GR, and stainless-steel pipe welding 6GR.